Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So I have been thinking...


Wouldn't it be cool to run in a competition? Something like a marathon or a mini-marathon. I have stumbled across a couple of blogs that I have been reading here lately, mainly PinkGuruGal, who participates in Triathlons. That consists of swimming, biking and running and is about 70 miles in total distance. There is no possible way that I could do something like that. Maybe if I follow through with training and running, maybe in the future, but right now, not so much. I think that it would be cool. It has been interesting just reading about all of the training that she does for the competitions and I am wondering how she is training, working a full time job and having a life too. It is just crazy. But I think that it could be fun.


I have had an interest in running. I ran track in Intermediate school and during my freshman year in High School. I was not a wonderful athlete, but I did not quite hold up the end. Running is also something that can be easily done by a beginner with no athleticism whatsoever. You are not required to have a special skill to run. As long as you don't trip over your feet, you will be fine.


It is just a thought. I think that it would be a cool way to meet people and get out and about and to try something different. It is time that I did something like that. I am too dull, so this is something that I could add to my radar.


We shall see what happens...

No comments: