Monday, May 08, 2006

Music makes the world go round....

Test 1 is done and only 2 more to go! Woot!

So I went shopping this weekend to purchase some items for my trip. I got an additional memory card for my digital camera because I am not sure if I will be able to download my pictures anywhere. I also bought an electrical converter and an electric iPod charger so I can charge my cellphone any my iPod while I am abroad. Damn technology and the dependence upon it.. Having the iPod will be good though because it will allow me to chill and have something to do incase I don't make any friends or there is just nothing to talk about. Not to mention the fact that the flight is about 12 hours long and I will need something to do with myself while in the air. I am hoping to also get a small handheld radio so I can listen to the radio while I am there so I will be able to experience that aspect as well. I have been listening to Virgin Radio online to get a sample of the type of music that Britons like to listen to and it has been cool (also to hear the DJ's talk with their funny accents..)

I am starting to get a little more excited about the trip as it gets closer.. I need to find a book that will allow me to read about the experiences that other people had so I can further plan and think more about it. I have a "Study Abroad for Dummies" book and I need to go over that again to see what I can start doing now to prepare because it is now only 9 weeks away.. ME being that preparer that I am, I like to get things done and out of the way and all ready to go (or just have some idea of what I need to do..)

No comments: