Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Happenings of the past few days


So I have finished moving my stuff to my new apartment. Now that everything is settled for the most part and 90% of the boxes are gone, it is starting to feel like home. There are some things that I still need to do: hang pictures, fold clothes, finish unpacking boxes in my room. It is not too bad.


Now that I have my stuff in there, it is not as small anymore. It is just the right size. I am still trying to find a place to put the lids to my Tupperware containers. I have no more drawers or cabinet space available, so I guess for now I am going to keep them in a box on the floor next to the kitchen. Mostly everything else, if I am do not use the item everyday is going in my massive storage closet. It is so big, it could be an extra room!


Since I do not have cable or Internet yet, I have been watching a lot of DVD's. I just finished a documentary that I borrowed from the library about West Point. It was very interesting. It was filmed in the Fall of 2001/Spring 2002, so it was interesting to see how the cadets responded to the 9/11 tragedy. Most were nervous, but many were ready to leave and go fight.


While I was at Wal-Mart this weekend, I bought season 6 of Roseanne. I used to watch this as a kid and I thought that it would be cool to remind myself of what I watched during childhood. Believe it or not, this season aired in 1993. From the different fashions, you could tell that it was the early 90's. I just could not process the fact that season 6 was in 1993. I would have thought that it was a lot later. As I watched, I remembered the different episodes from the first time that I watched them and where I was when I watched it. It was a nice trip down memory lane. Especially important to this season is that this was the first season that Sarah Chalke plays the role of Becky. I really like Sarah Chalke (and prefer her over the other Becky) so that is why I am starting in the middle of the series.


On tap for tonight is Disc 2 of Roseanne. I am excited. It is cool to flash back and watch shows from the past.
Above is a before picture of my living room. Tomorrow, an after picture.

No comments: