Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer showers combined with a cold front = perfection

It was so beautiful last night! I had to drop off books at the library so they would be counted on-time so I made a little trip to the Lewisville Library around 10 pm. The temperature was 72 degrees so I drove with the windows down. And I am glad that I did. It was so relaxing! I had the windows down, radio up and nothing in the world could be wrong. It was great!

Before my excursion to the library, I watched a mocumentry called "Chalk". It is about new teachers who have between 1 hour and 3 years of experience. It was really good. It was executive produced by Morgan Spurlock, the "Supersize Me" guy. "Chalk" give you an idea what first year teachers experience and some of the frustrations that they can encounter. From un-ruly students to administrators who are not as helpful as they can be. They had a couple PSA's in the special features section. One was really funny, it had this teacher and all you could see is his shirt and tie. He is walking down the hallway, waving to people. He walks into the classroom and starts his lesson. He suddenly drops his chalk. He bends down to pick it up and he is wearing short shorts. A sign on the screen says "That's just wrong. Students, please respect the dress code". It was funny. Unfortunately it is not on Youtube to share, but something to investigate if you watch the DVD.

The season finale of ABC Family's Greek was great also. Of course it was a roller coaster ride of "will they, won't they" but it ended how it should have. Now I will have to wait a whole summer to know what will happen between the Casey-Cappy-Rebecca love triangle.

With all of that excitement, I guess I should start working on my class now...

No comments: