Monday, August 14, 2006

Ready to go again...


Ok.. I am ready to go back abroad again.. It is weird.. On the last day in Edinburgh, I was really antsy to get home. At the airport, I practically ran onto the airplane. Now that I have been back home and returned to my routine at home and work, I am ready to go across the pond again to go exploring. Despite all of this worry about terrorism, I think that I would be ok. They have lifted the restrictions for carryons to and from the UK, so that is better and both nations have lowered their security risk levels, so all will return to some form of normalcy (except the whole ban on liquids thing). When I went to World Market this past friday, it was cool to see some of the products that I encountered while in the UK. I now have a place to buy tea that I liked. I just need to find a place that carries the bottled water that I really liked (Volvic) and Rebel Red beer that I really liked from Cork. I found some Dutch beer that I had while I was there, so I guess that that will do for now (but it is really expensive).. It would be really cool to do another study abroad or even cooler would be to do a semester abroad, but with graduation knocking on the door, there is no opportunity to do it now, and I am sure that I will not be able to do it as a graduate student. I will definately go back though. I looked at prices for travel to London Gatwick and London Heathrow, and it seems that if you book well ahead of time, you can get tickets starting from $563, which is alot cheaper than I initially thought... That makes a return more of a reality because I thought that round trip tickets were around $1000 or more... I will definately have to go to London and stay a few days there to explore.. Ireland will definately have to be on the itinerary also...

No comments: