Tuesday, August 15, 2006

To XM or Not to XM... That is the question.....

So Nathan is deciding to get XM Satellite radio again and has asked if I want to join onto his account. I said yes initially because I really like XM, I have had it before and really enjoyed it, however, I am not in my car enough to really justify spending the money every month for it and to spend up to $120 for a new receiver. I had one, and then some jackass came and broke a window out of my car, tried unsuccessfully to steal my car and then and then decided to steal my XM receiver. The only way that I can justify getting XM again right now is if I get a portable receiver, the XM MyFi, which currently is running for $129 with a $30 mail-in rebate. That is a lot better than what it cost when they initially came out 2 years ago, but it is still a lot of money now and that could go to something else like bills or other things being that Finaid is not going to be good this year. However, I do have a birthday coming up, and with a birthday comes birthday money and if current trends stay the same, I could use that money to subsidize the purchase where I would only have to contribute a small portion of my own money. I would like to have it again becasue I enjoy listening to it, but I just have to make sure that it is really, truely worth the time and effort and cost to go for it and get it....It is definately something to think about..

No comments: